Radical women invade the street of Mexico City and assault a motorist

0

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s human rights agency called for an investigation Friday after about half a dozen masked women dressed in black attacked a woman’s car with hammers and plastic pipes. metal.

The National Human Rights Commission said the attackers belonged to a group of radical feminists who took over one of the commission’s office buildings a year and a half ago in the historic downtown district of Mexico.

The driver said the women demanded money on Thursday to allow her to drive down the street, where the commission’s still occupied offices are located.

Mexico City prosecutors said they are investigating the attack as a robbery as well as damage caused because the car windows were smashed.

In security camera footage, one of the assailants carrying a megaphone and hammer shouts, “You know what the procedure is”, apparently referring to the “toll” the assailants were charging.

Later that day, Mexico City Police Chief Omar Garcia announced that police had ended the takeover of the human rights commission building and confirmed that the occupants were the ones who attacked the motorist.

“The building where the attackers were located has been recovered, in order to prevent it from being used for other acts that put citizens in danger,” Garcia wrote in his social media accounts.

Members of a masked feminist group calling themselves “The Black Bloc” have routinely smashed windows of buildings and bus stops in called marches over the past three years to protest the murders of women.

In September 2020, the group took over the offices of the human rights commission with relatives of crime victims. The families of the victims demanded that their cases be investigated.

The commission said it was working with the families to meet their requests.

But the commission said it was not the first time bystanders had been victimized by the group of radicals.

“The National Commission is concerned about the events that have taken place around the site. A number of victims filed complaints and publicly documented the attacks, the commission said in a statement. He urged authorities in Mexico City to end the occupation.

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Conversations are the opinions of our readers and are subject to the Code of conduct. The Star does not share these opinions.
Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.